Take this chance to challenge yourself and get a glimpse of what it really means to live off of the land. During this course you will immerse yourself in the necessary skills to survive in the wilderness with little to no equipment. With only the items listed below you will build your own shelter, craft additional tools, make fire, purify water, forage for food, and more.
Bear in mind that this is no frolic in the woods. This is a physical course and will involve some hard work. Don’t let that discourage you though! While challenging, this will be an epic adventure that is achievable by most but undertaken by few.
Primary Topics Covered:
- Survivor’s mindset and psychology
- Use of the knife and axe
- Signaling for rescue
- Primitive fire-starting techniques
- Finding/building shelter from natural materials
- Water procurement
- Primitive traps and snares (Due to Department of wildlife regulations, no active traps or snares will be placed)
- Foraging techniques
- Land navigation to include by natural means
- Uses and dangers of wild plants
What to bring:
- Fixed-blade knife -or- Axe and small belt knife
- Stainless steel unlined water bottle or fully metal pot
- Wool blanket or military poncho liner
- Tarp (no larger than 12×10) or military poncho
- Layered clothing (rain jacket, puffy jacket, base layer)
- I recommend old clothing that can be roughed up a bit
- Hat, beanie, sunglasses
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Positive attitude
- NO FOOD ALLOWED!
Note: These are the only authorized items. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Course Duration: 3 days